Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Butterfly Happiness



Hi Everyone!
Are you enjoying the beautiful spring weather? It's been really nice here in Texas- the wildflowers are blooming and there are birds and butterflies everywhere. I was inspired to make this card wanting to use the fun butterfly and dragonfly images from the Wishing Happiness set. These bold detailed images are perfect for embossing as I have done on this card. I started with Kraft Cardstock- ran it through my cuttlebug with the swiss dots embossing folder. Lightely inked it with L'amour red Palette ink. I also stamped my image and sentiment with the same ink.  I embossed and cut out the butterfly. Added some foam mounting tape to  pop it up on the center piece. I couldn't find the right shade of red ribbon so I used some of the red cardstock I used for the mat on the center piece as a 'ribbon' accent adding a some red and tan scrappers floss and a small punched flower as an accent. I love the tone on tone with the bold color- what do you think? I did similar cards in blue and green also using the other images. It's really a fun set!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!
Debra

2 comments:

Laine said...

I love your card Debra - the colors are great and I really like the scalloped bottom edge. You did a wonderful job!!

Laine

Angela K said...

Great card TFS!