Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Hummingbird fun

Hi All! Sorry it has been so long since I posted- Life has been really busy and I had computer issues.. ugh! Everything is back in working order so hopefully I'll have lots of fun things to share with you.  Today I wanted to share this fun card. I was inspired by a copic tutorial video from this site- scroll down to her April 7th post and you will find two fantastic vidoes on copic coloring- one on doing darker skin tones and one on the dotted background.  I had fun with it! The stamp set used is a hostess set from the  new Serendipity Street called Swirled Spring Life TA-3239. I love the whimsical fun of this set! For the card I stamped and colored the hummingbird image with copic markers. Jazzed her up a bit with stickles. I stamped the flower image multiple times along the bottom. Colored them also with copics and made an extra flower head to pop up to emphasize one flower. Added a little stickles for that one too.  The background is done similar to the tutorial- starting with the darkest colors add dots of different sizes until the background is full to your liking. The sentiment is from another hostesss set- Unexpected Joys. TB-3149. Hope you like it!!

2 comments:

Barb said...

This is so cute, Debra! Colors & dots oh my :) And didn't you LOVE those tutorials?! Amazing.

tea_bag said...

beautiful card alma I came because you join blog hop