Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Father's day layout


Hi Everyone!
 Sorry it has been so long since I posted- Life has been crazy busy. my youngest son graduated high school and my daughter is home from college for the summer. I've been teaching a lot and trying to learn some new paper crafts ( more on that later :-)). I wanted to share a layout I did for the scrapbook store I teach at- Scrapp'n Savvy. Each of the teachers rotates turns creating a two page layout to be sold in the store. It's a challenge for me because I am primarily a card maker and working on such a "large" area is intimidating. Thankfully my wonderful and talented boss, Karrie Allen, helps me through the creative slumps.  This is a layout I made for Father's Day. Yep that's me and my Daddy. It was fun working with the 2 x 2 squares and really made the pattern paper stretch. I used buttons and made rolled roses for the accents. The number plate is Tim Holtz.What do you think???

Thanks for stopping by-I'd love to hear from you!

1 comment:

ManuK said...

Debra, first of all, congratulations for your son's graduation!!! Now, regarding the layout for Father's Day, you did a wonderful job! By using the black and white pictures and that background, you managed to give a retro touch to your creation. Not to mention the fact that it feels like a journey through time: first picture - you as a child and your father so young, the last pictures - present time. Really impressed!