Pages

Friday, March 14, 2014

Baby Love!

It's Spring and it seems babies are abounding everywhere...well maybe not but it is always good to have  stash of baby cards on hand for those special arrivals. That was the focus of my DistINKtive card class last week at Scrapp'n Savvy.


For this card I wanted to focus on coloring with Distress Markers for the water color look- I love this technique and it is so easy. Just take your markers, scribble the colors you want to use on a craft mat or piece of acetate and then using a water brush, pick up the color and paint your image. Easy and very forgiving. The image on this card is from Lily of the Valley and the paper is from Studio Calico. I used glossy accents on the buttons to give them some shine. 


The next card we did was this cute dresser card. The pattern is from a cut file found in the Silhouette Online store. I took it up a notch with the decorations. The front of the dresser is inked with white ink and pop dotted up. The little images in the drawers are from an old stamp set in my stash and the flowers were made from two small flower punches with a little stickles in the centers. Inside it says Congratulations! Turned out cute, don't you think?

We did one more card but I am going to save that for tomorrow......so stay tuned! 
Have a great day!
Debra

No comments: