Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Watercolor and Sequins!

Hi Friends,
Today I am sharing a card with you I created for my card class this month. I've been fascinated by sequins lately and finally got some to play with. This card is inspired by Kristina Werner - she plays around with inks and vellum  and sequins a lot and I always love the look.



Wartercolor Inked Sequin Card
Fold card base in half. Stamp sentiment on vellum with Versa Mark Ink. Be sure to use the embossing buddy before stamping. Set aside. Create the inked background. Dribble each color of Distress ink/mist on the top of the water color paper, varying the colors. Tilt card upright and spritz with water to make colors run. Keep adding colors and drying until the desired look is achieved. Sprinkle with inks to get droplets. Spritz with both mists for the pearlized sheen. Add a few lines of blue Wink of Stella. Dry. Adhere to card front. Adhere vellum sentiment strip about 1” from bottom. I used tiny gluedots that can be covered with sequins. Add sequins to complete.

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you are inspired to get out your inks and some water color paper and let your inner artist out!



1 comment: